14 January 2012

Daddy Bday

Dave celebrated his birthday last Friday. I cooked his favorite dish and baked his favorite cake. Last year, I did none of these special things for him since we decided to just combine our birthdays into one (my birthday comes two weeks after his, you see). And that was a non-celebration because we were preoccupied more with Kai's approaching one-year angelversary.

But this year, I decided to get my behind in gear and do something for him, nothing fancy really but I just want to show him how thankful I am for having him by my side, through thick and thin, for better and for worse. Plus, I think we need a break from grief and I know Kai would have liked that for us. It would also mark a joyful time for us since we've got TLB to celebrate with this year.

Here are just a few pics on hubby's birthday:

Dave's special request, his favorite cake - a German chocolate cake. It's a fiendishly, decadent, sinful, chocolate-y concoction. Four layers of chocolate heaven with coconut-pecan-walnut frosting. It was quite tasty but I had to eat only a small slice, which I shared with the hubby since I'm staying away from sugar. Yeah, I need to stay off sugar but I'm baking sugary stuffs. As the saying goes, I *really* can't have my cake and eat it, too. Talk about irony.


Kai and TLB's daddy, who can't wait to take a big bite off his cake. He would have done it, too, had I not reminded him to leave some for his co-workers. XD Besides, he can't have too much sugar in his system at his age now. Heh.
Yeah, look who's talking about not wanting sugar? Um, it's not what you think. I was casting my "chocolate-demon be gone!" spell on it. If I let myself fall free to it's sweet charm, I'll eat more than just a teensy-weensy bite. And that's not gonna be good for the upcoming glucose test. Plus, I might run the risk of having TLB bouncing off the walls of my belly for the whole weekend!
Happy Birthday, daddy. Kai, TLB and mommy love you bunches! May you have more birthdays to come. :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Dave! That cake looks AMAZING. It would have taken everything I had not to have a piece...and I probably would have any way. YUM! I am so glad that your little one was there for the celebration. Many more to come, indeed! I know Kai was there as well. Always in spirit. <3 Big hugs! Can't wait to hear more about your sweet baby! Sending hopeful prayers your way!