12 January 2012

24 Weeks

I can't believe the weeks are going by fast. It felt like it was only yesterday that I found out I was pregnant with TLB. I'm on my 6th month today and I'm both relieved and antsy at the same time. I'm trying not to think ahead and ask: "What will the future hold for us this time around?"  (I should probably erase that question! UGH. Come on, Jennifer, remember to live in the moment. In the moment, I said!)

Just breathe.

I started reviewing my Hypnobirthing materials. There is an affirmation CD included in there that has relaxation and guided imagery on it that I listened to during my first trimester. But I completely neglected it during my second trimester. So I'll start on it again for 20 minutes every day. I hope it will help calm my nerves down as I move toward my due date. I'm also contemplating prenatal yoga (which I did during my first pregnancy), but I don't know if I have the energy for it. I get tired easily these days.

I'm also thinking of other distractions to keep busy and take my mind off the approaching 'fearsome' trimester. I could take on another work project but that's going to be quite stressful. Part of the reason why the months passed by quickly was that I got busy with projects. But there were times that it was tough balancing deadlines and battling pregnancy symptoms. I've missed a few deadlines and required extensions to get things done. I've never missed deadlines before but it was really quite a challenge. So another work project won't be a good distraction. I suppose, I just needed to take it one day at a time. Can I sleep the next trimester off instead? Heh.

Anyway, I did another bloodwork today for my thyroids. My left arm looked like I've been bitten by a vampire. One hole was for the failed vein (yet again!) while the other was for the successful one. I'm not afraid of needles but it really hurts whenever the phlebotomist try to find another vein by moving the needle inside my arm. I mean, man, just get it out if the vein has collapsed already. Don't poke around in there in the hopes of finding a new one. Just stick a new needle in a new place, why don't you? *sigh*  My next visit to the endo will be on the 25th. Hopefully, I'll have good news about my thyroid issues then.

Meanwhile, I spent the rest of the day baking a german chocolate cake for Dave's birthday tomorrow. It was quite a daunting task. The recipe required a lot of ingredients and steps. For a moment there, I thought I bit more than I can chew. Why am I doing this from scratch? But I stuck to it because the hubby requested this particular cake and so, there's no turning back. I must admit it smelled delicious while it was baking. The house probably smelled like Willy Wonka's factory. 

Did I mention I'm a chocoholic? This isn't a good cake for a chocoholic. I have to keep reminding myself not to lick the chocolate out of the mixing bowl. Darn, I've got to control my sugar intake. I still have to pass the one-hour glucose test on my next OB visit. So I won't be partaking too much of the cake. Dave can have a huge chunk of it for his birthday and share the rest with his co-workers. Don't worry I won't be too sad to see it go. I have high hopes that the rest of it would get eaten by appreciative cake eaters. 

TLB has been moving constantly. It was comforting to feel them while I toiled away in the kitchen. This morning, I took out the Doppler to 'entertain' myself with my little one's heartbeat (^_~). I found it instantly and he wasted no time kicking at it. The steady sound of wap, wap, wap was randomly interrupted by a thump, thump, thump. I can't help but laugh. Now that was truly a wonderful entertainment. What a great way to start his 6th month. 

Keep on growing, my dear TLB, we've got three more months to go. Stay safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading along and feeling so much hope for you and this little on.. a boy right? A baby brother for Kai... sending love and light- and PS I CANNOT get enough chocolate either!!