16 September 2011

First U/S

The hubby and I went on our first ultrasound today. A really early one - 8:30am. I made sure to get the very first appointment so we don't have to wait in a roomful of pregnant, happy moms-to-be. 

The OB we consulted about infertility was the one who did the ultrasound. I was a little bit apprehensive before he came in (which I think would be a recurring feeling every time I go to the OB with this pregnancy). I was nervous but I try to be optimistic. The results of my two blood work were good, my progesterone doubled. So I was praying that things would look okay. At least.

So here's baby's first ultrasound. Dave and I looked at it in wonder and then we saw a dot that kept flickering. "That's the heart," said the OB. I asked if we could hear the heartbeat but the OB said he'll let us hear it on our second u/s. He didn't want to use a higher frequency for the time being. I wasn't disappointed. I was content with looking at that fetal pole. 

I commented that it looked like a caterpillar in a pod. We laughed. "What a little bug!" And from then on, I decided to call this little one The Little Bug. What a good day to see this little life on Kai's day. I'm sure TLB's big brother is cheering him or her on. Grow TLB grow!

Grow TLB grow!!!

No comments: