30 September 2012
5 Months!
Yes, I have posted two 5-month photos of Kian on here. I usually settle for just one but I wanted to show his changed demeanor in these photos. You see, the first photo was taken in the morning as soon as he woke up. He usually has a very sunny disposition when he wakes up in the morning. He starts out with just babbling away by himself and then when he sees us about to take him out of his co-sleeper, he'll give us his biggest smile. What a way to greet us in the morning eh (though I still suffer from a little lack of sleep since he still tends to feed during the wee hours of the morning even when he already dropped one feeding time).
Anyway, last Thursday being his 5th month, I propped him up on the couch and took a couple of pics then I remembered I wanted him in the same outfit as his previous month's photo. So I decided to change his clothes later and take it later. Well, things didn't turn out well. After spending time out in the early morning sun, Kian became so inconsolable, he cried his eyes out. Not the hungry-type cry, not even the irritated-type cry, it was more like I-AM-IN-FREAKING-PAIN-MAMA! cry. Man, my poor little guy was cutting teeth! He just had his first one - one bottom tooth - when he was 4 months old and that one, I recall, didn't cause him issues. But this second one - another bottom tooth - wow! it was clearly hurting him.
He cried for an hour or so and no amount of rocking, walking up and down the hallway could ease it (not even Boiron's homeopathic remedy called Camilla worked). But thank goodness for Pediacare (baby acetaminophen). He had to wait for a couple of minutes for it to kick in but when it did, he was finally able to nap it off. Three hours straight. So the second picture you see on here was after that nap. He was still a little bit cranky hence there was no smiling and there were a couple of shots I took where he showed no interest at all. That darn tooth was still bothering him, thankfully it didn't affect his eating. He can still chug down his milk. But come nighttime, we were back to inconsolable teething blues. It was so hard to see him in pain especially when you've done all manner of comfort remedies you can think of and they don't freaking work. Good thing, the pain subsides once the tooth breaks out. But man, cutting teeth sucks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow, he is getting so big. I hate that the tooth is causing him so much pain. I hope that it gets better soon and the rest aren't all as bad. My sister swears by amber necklaces for her two boys, she said they helped with teething a lot. I'm going to get one for Emily when the time comes, just in case it helps.
Post a Comment