Just four days after he turned 4 months old, Kian has learned how to rollover from his back onto his tummy. He's been testing the waters so to speak, getting into his sides and propelling his leg to give him a bit of momentum. Each attempt wasn't successful and sometimes (alright, most of the time!) he would cry in frustration. Yet, he is one determined little bug. He'd go at it again and again and each time he found ways on how to maneuver better, how to get his hips all the way with his leg and how he needed to turn his body in a certain way to be able to get up.
It was really fascinating to watch him go about this - I found myself rooting for him, giving him an encouraging word or two, consoling him when he got too frustrated, sometimes I would show him how I rollover when we're both lying down (wondering if he could mimic what I do), but mostly I waited in the sidelines and silently watched him (with my Flip video camera in hand! HAHA!). Then one day, today to be exact, he just did it. This video is the second time he did a rollover, the very first one I didn't see at all because I had to do a quick (as in mere seconds...can't do more than a minute anymore...*sigh*) bathroom break and found him on his playmat already on his tummy. So I had to wait patiently with my camera on hand to see if he would do it again. And he did! I'm so glad I got to record that one. I'm one proud mama!
1 comment:
What a big boy, Kian! Look at him roll! I can hardly believe how quickly these rainbows are growing up. I hope that you have been doing well. You, Kai and Kian are always on my mind! xoxo
Post a Comment