29 December 2011

I Dream of Holiday Treats

Now that I've regained my energy back, I'm able to do chores, cooking and baking. Baking is an extra chore that I find enjoyable. I don't have to do it but I took it upon myself to give it a try because I want to do some homemade gift-giving this holiday season. 

And I don't even mind the extra dishes that need washing and putting away. Somehow, measuring ingredients and whipping them together bring me into a Zen-like state - focused and calm. Not to mention the feeling of accomplishment after seeing a batch of baked goods coming out of the oven successfully and tasting like what you expected. I'm still a beginner in all this though. I don't have an electric mixer, so my left arm got some workout. I might upgrade to a hand mixer one of these days because my arm won't last long from all that whipping.

This and loom-knitting have been wonderful new discoveries I learned this year. They've been such good distractions lately. They took my mind off things and kept me busy while at the same time giving me a break from my worry-wart-minded preggo self. It's nice to just do something creative and use my hands to come up with treats - edible and not edible. 

The red velvet cupcakes with buttercream frosting. They're actually red but my phone cam washed the color out.
The eggnog cupcakes sans alcohol but with cream cheese frosting. For me, the taste had a ginger undertone to it.
Btw, today is my 22nd week. Wow! Time flies during the holidays. Here's to hoping TLB continue to grow healthy and strong inside me in 2012.

No comments: