07 December 2011

I Want COKE...Now!

Oh man, give me some coke. Please. I want to drink one. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I haven't had any soda for more than 10 years now. I stayed away from that stuff for health reasons. But when I was a kid, we always had Coke. After dinner, on special occasions, on road trips. When I get off from school, I buy a bottle on the way home. Yes, it was still a "sexy" bottle during my time (egad! I feel old). Glad I didn't get obese from it but it was surely part of our staple. The bad, bad stuff. It was addicting. But now, after years of staying away, my preggo appetite seems to crave it more and more. *sigh*

One time I was at Le Boulanger deli, waiting for my healthy turkey and cranberry sandwich, when a lady passed by sipping an ice-cold coke. I wanted to grab it from her and run away with it. I can imagine what she will scream out: "Hey that pregnant lady stole my coke!!! Somebody stop her!!!" But instead, I looked on longingly. Yes, I'm trying to control my craving for the sake of this pregnancy. Oh man! Talk about irony. My pregnancy is causing me to crave for coke but this same pregnancy is stopping me from drinking it.

But good thing the hubby took pity on me and bought me a small sized coke when he went out to get food. "You can indulge with just one. There's no harm in it. It's not like you'll get addicted and drink it the whole time you're pregnant. Remember the OB said it's alright to give in to your craving without going overboard because your body is lacking something," he said. He also added that he didn't want to see me "suffer" for long and binge and become a coca-cola thief. 

Oh wow! When I finally got a sip of that coke, "Heaven, I'm in heaven." The craving dissipated. But it doesn't mean it went away completely. Now after a couple of weeks, the "monster" is rearing its ugly head. I want a coke. Again!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note: I got the FISH test result last Monday. It was normal. No Down Syndrome and no abnormalities found for Trisonomies 13, 18, 21. And yes, there's no doubt that The Little Bug is a boy. :)

No comments: