Dear Little Bug,
Mommy and daddy are very thankful to have you. I know there are times that I feel like I don't want to believe that I'm actually pregnant with you. Not because you are not wanted or not loved, on the contrary you are loved the day you were conceived, even in the days we were trying to conceive you. It's just that I'm so fearful of losing you.
But you are showing me that you are hanging in there at every OB visit, at every quickening flutter I feel in my tummy, at every heartbeat I hear on the doppler. And I'm grateful for that, little one, so grateful. I'm re-learning to enjoy my pregnancy with you. Each day, I don't take for granted. Each day, I breathe a whispered thank-you to the universe for another day with you.
Daddy feels the same way. He's thankful that you are here, growing and thriving. He's fascinated every time he sees you on the ultrasound screen. He writes notes on every OB visit - your measurements, your heart rate, your due date. He keeps them on his smart phone so if someone asks him about you, he can give them an accurate answer. Your movements always bring a smile to his face whenever he touches my belly.
So we are filled with love for you. We know you are a unique person different from your big brother. You are you. Kai is Kai. And that's how it's going to be. I'm sure your big brother would agree. I know he's watching over you in his own little way. I know he's also thankful for you.
We love you very much, little bug. And thank you for being here.
Mommy and Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment